| Bio++ update|
|03/05/18: New Version 2.4 available|
Bio++ is a set of C++ libraries for Bioinformatics, including sequence analysis, phylogenetics, molecular evolution and population genetics. Bio++ is Object Oriented and is designed to be both easy to use and computer efficient. Bio++ intends to help programmers to write computer expensive programs, by providing them a set of re-usable tools.
|Get the libraries||Browse the documentation||Ask for help on the forum|
|Get the Bio++ program suite||Get the Testnh program suite||Discuss future developments|
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!categories/biopp-help-forum/all-questions This wiki gathers tutorial articles and examples for developers willing to use the Bio++ libraries in their programs.
- List of methods — an extensive list of methods and tools implemented in the library, and their corresponding classes.
- Category:Usage — how to use the Bio++ library in your programs.
- Category:Developers — information for Bio++ developers (coding rules, git usage, etc.).
- Bio++ Versions
In addition to those libraries, several executable are available:
- BppSuite is a suite of ready-to-use programs for phylogenetic and sequence
- Bpp Phyview () is a Qt based visual interface for of trees (needs bpp-qt).
- TestNH () is a package dedicated to the testing of non-homogeneous process in sequence evolution.
Here you can find some statistics on the libraries:
- Evolution of libraries content
- A comparison of performance of Bio++ based likelihood computation with other software